LBSA Plaza hates this trick! How to make your sim popular on OpenSimWorld
Follow this list for a guaranteed top ranking!
- Build a sim that falls into one or several of these three categories: blues club (that actually plays southern rock, if not even outright modern country, but insist that it's blues), freebie sim that offers the same stuff from SL as all the other freebie sims, Adult-rated tropical beach paradise island densely and randomly littered with all kinds of sex furniture.
- No matter what sim it is, build it so that it can also be used as an event location, regardless of server power or network connection. If your parties lag like crazy because you run your sim on some old Windows laptop at home, blame it on your visitors, even though your own avatar has an ARC of not less than 400,000, a ZHAO AO and at least four HUDs plus the viewer's radar always open.
- Add the sim to OSW as soon as you've plopped down the first building and before you open it for the public. Don't wait for it to be completed. Be there before the competition.
- Don't spend more time building your sim than one afternoon. It doesn't have to be pretty because you won't ever put a single in-world picture of it on OSW.
- Fill the description of your sim with all kinds of keywords that could be used for a sim, regardless if they fit your sim or not. Put "athena 6" and "bom" on a club sim or "bdsm", "rlv" and "sex" on a sim that even bans nudity. Shove your sim into everyone's faces, regardless of what they're actually searching for.
- Run all your keywords through Google Translate and then add them in German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese as well. Never mind that pretty much all German-speaking OSW users know English. Don't consult anyone who actually knows any of these languages, it isn't worth it.
- Either make up the name of your sim from mostly keywords plus buzzwords such as "free", "shop" or "store". Or steal the name from another popular sim.
- Why stop at stealing the name? Steal the entire OSW beacon if you can.
- If you have a freebie sim, get a SL account and a hacked viewer and go copybotting mesh clothes on your very first day already. Slap the boxes against the walls of your freebie stores and advertise for them with pictures of the boxes. Now you've got new hot exclusive stuff that no-one else has. Don't bother making new box art. Nobody in OpenSim knows the Maitreya, Slink, Belleza and TMP brand names and logos anyway.
- Only use the "Freebies", "Entertainment" and "Adult" categories. That's where everyone goes looking. Your sim should fall into one of these three categories anyway, but don't bother using the right one.
- No matter what the in-world sim rating is, give it an Adult rating on OSW. Yes, even if it's General-rated in-world. An Adult rating attracts more people than it repels. Sex sells even if there's no sex because it isn't allowed. Kick people for "streaking" on your actually General-rated sim that you've falsely advertised on OSW as Adult-rated, but don't ban them so they can come back with clothes on.
- Like your own sim.
- Rate your own sim with five stars.
- Utterly gush over your own sim in a review and say it's the best sim ever by an enormous margin in any regard conceivable. Nobody will notice that it came from the sim owner because nobody will ever take a look at who wrote the review.
- Like your own review.
- Create OSW accounts for every last one of your alts (at least those with different identities than your main avatar) plus a few extra accounts with blank profiles that don't have matching avatars. Have them all like your sim and rate it with five stars. It also makes them less suspicious of being your alts if they've got their own accounts.
- Besides, use the OSW accounts with no avatars behind them to attack other grids, their admins, their users, their fans and everyone who criticises your sims. Also use them to spread false rumours about your competitors. Have them claim that they've got their own sims or even a grid of their own, but don't have them say which. Have them lie as much as you think you can get away with. Go as far as having them claim that at least two of your competitors are alts of one another.
- Also, have at least some of your alts gush over the sim in reviews and/or comments. Nobody will notice if they use the same wording and make the same mistakes as you. Or if they gush over a sim although it doesn't have their names on its visitor board.
- Your main and alt accounts all have to like their reviews and comments mutually.
- Don't install any kind of childgate. Ageplayers and paedophiles are traffic on your sim, too. And it's always only all the other sim owners who get into trouble for that; you won't.
- Delete your sim from OSW and re-enter it as soon as it is no longer on page 1 of the most recent sims. That way, it'll stay on that page. Also, you can get rid of negative votes. Don't forget to save your review and those of your alts first so you can re-enter them. Nobody will find it suspicious if the same half-dozen overly positive comments and reviews keep re-appearing within 20 minutes of your sim's return to OSW, all with even more than half a dozen likes.
- In fact, forget deleting, just make a new entry on OSW.
- Always remove negative reviews and comments.
- Actually, do delete the old entries. It's the only way you can also get rid of negative ratings (= everything under five stars). People will find the old ones, what with how many keywords you've plastered the description with, and then they'll discover the negative ratings and reviews.
- This also means you must delete and re-enter your sim from OSW as soon as someone rates it under five stars. Never let anyone taint your sim's reputation.
- Have at least two OSW beacons on the sim and two entries on OSW along with them. Put each entry into a different category, and don't use the same rating for all entries. The more you have, the higher are the chances your sim will be found. Don't forget to add the same likes, reviews and five-star ratings to each instance.
- Advertise for it at least once a day. It doesn't matter if you keep using the same picture that isn't even from in-world and copy-pasting the same text.
- Park your main avatar on your sim on AFK. If you have multiple sims, use the one that you want to have the highest popularity rank on OSW.
- Always have at least five NPCs on your sim. Not four. Everyone has four nowadays. Use hacked OSW beacons that take them for avatars.
- Alternatively, create at least five alts, navigate them to their places on the sim (a secret, undecorated skyplatform 4,000 m above the ground) with a normal viewer, and then set up text viewers for each one of them that always start up together with the grid/your sim. Claim it's normal traffic. Claim it's perfectly normal for at least five people to log in immediately after your sim goes online. Also claim it's perfectly normal for avatars to be online 24/7. And to be AFK 24/7. Either that, or that it's pure coincidence that there are constantly five avatars on your sim, and whenever one leaves, another one happens to enter the sim. Deny that they're on a skyplatform because nobody will be able to prove that on OSW.
- That is, if you have a sex beach sim, give your alts sexy mesh bodies and no clothes and use regular viewers for them so that you can sit them down on sex furniture without having to learn how to script NPCs or convert your furniture to SFposer. That'll generate even more traffic because people will come over to have sex with your alts.
- Remember to make OSW accounts for the alts. You'll have more likes, more positive reviews, more five-star ratings and more positive comments, each review and comment will have more likes, and nobody will take these avatars for your alts anymore.
- If someone criticises you for any or all of this, tell them to do better than you or else shut up.
- If these people do have a sim or several, laugh at them because their sims clearly aren't as "popular" as yours.
- Should someone with at least one sim that outranks yours on OSW criticise you, crank up the above measures until you beat them, and then laugh at them.